Happy Monday, Titans!
The next two weeks in programming are written with less of a ‘training’ intent, and more of a ‘get in, exercise, relieve stress, have fun’ intent. Intensity is still high, and gains are still out there for the taking. Still, the reality is that the holidays can knock us off course. Set yourself a goal this coming week, and stick to it! You’ll be glad you did come the new year!
On Tuesday, we will find a 3 Rep Max in the Push Press as we near the end of the pressing cycle. The associated workout is a mental battle. Thursday is a heavy barbell exposure for a clean complex, immediately followed by a short battery for the heaviest version of the complex you can manage. Friday is a classic take on the 12 Days of Christmas. Sunday is a day to come in and sweat.
The Reindeer Games on Saturday were a BLAST. Thank you to all who attended — the spirit, camaraderie, and celebration were wonderful to experience. We had a great party afterward, and we’re already looking forward to next year’s event! Great stuff, team.
To help your recovery, make sure you’re getting enough to eat and sleeping as much as your lifestyle allows. Rest days are always recommended.
COMING UP THIS WEEK:
- Be sure to check out our new member feature — Titan of the Month. Each month Rose, myself, and our staff of coaches will confer to select a Titan of the Month. That person is someone who is not only committed to their fitness, but also brings joy, support, and good spirits to any class they attend. We are honored each one of you chose us, and we want to highlight you and give you the chance to share some of your experience at Titan CrossFit.
- You can read about our first Titan of the Month, Evan Carhart, here: https://titancrossfit.com/athlete-of-the-month/
COMING UP IN DECEMBER AND JANUARY:
Our Holiday schedule is as follows:
- 12/24, Christmas Eve – 9a/10a CrossFit classes. The gym will be open from 9-11a for Open Gym.
- 12/25, Christmas – CLOSED
- 12/31, New Year’s Eve – 9a/10a CrossFit classes. The gym will be open from 9-11a for Open Gym.
- 1/1, New Year’s Day – CLOSED
- 1/11, Titan Tuesday – Titan Tuesday is the second Tuesday of every month. Come to class dressed in your Titan Best. Bring a friend, too, while you’re at it 🙂
Starting in January! Titan Teens!
- Beginning Tuesday, January 4, Titan Teens will be running from 4:30-5:30p every Tuesday/Thursday in the Auxiliary Room. That room will be reserved at that time.
Add your age group on the Leaderboard!
- Because we have such a rich and varied community, we want to find a way to represent that for everyone. The only thing you need to do is add your age bracket in parentheses to your name. For example, mine would be Colette Wheeler (35-39). Rose’s would be Rose Wall (55-59). Age brackets gives us a way to see where we fall amongst those in our age group. It is a positive way to measure progress and ability.
- To add this change to your name, follow these steps —
- Go to the top left hamburger menu in the left corner
- Select ’tools and more’
- Select ‘your info’
- Add you age bracket to your last name
- Age groups are as follows:
As always, work hard, and listen to your coaches 😉
Let me know if you have any questions for the week!
Rock on Titans,