This week in programming we are in our second week of our back squat cycle. The lifts will be based on a Heavy 3 established last week. If you don’t have a Heavy 3, no worries — you’ll be able to determine a good weight in class OR you can find one outside of class if you that’s something you’d like to have on record.
Gymnastics pulling and strength continues on Thursday. We are building a good base in the shoulders to progress into more dynamic and complex kipping movements in coming weeks.
Through this month at least, we will have At Home Workouts M-F. Please take advantage of those if you are unable to make it to the gym space!
To help your recovery, make sure you’re getting enough to eat and sleeping as much as your lifestyle allows. Rest days are always recommended.
COMING UP IN JANUARY:
- Our January Titan of the Month is Brenda Shakley! You can check out her post here — https://titancrossfit.com/titan-of-the-month/
- On January 29th, Titan is hosting the Back to Performance Seminar. The seminar runs from 12-3pm. The seminar is for athletes and coaches, and you’ll gain knowledge and techniques for training through pain and injury. More information is here —https://wodprep.thrivecart.com/back-to-performance-seminar/ . A link is also on our website.
- Reminder — Titan Teens will be running from 4:30-5:30p every Tuesday/Thursday in the Auxiliary Room. That room will be reserved at that time.
- Please check the Lost and Found if you are missing anything. Items in the L&F will be donated at the end of the week.
- The gym is CLOSED Saturday and Sunday for the Baltimore Open. We have 3 member athletes competing — Coach Spin, Bri Fachler, and Jaya Kinley. Come on out to support them and cheer them on!
Add your age group on the Leaderboard!
- Because we have such a rich and varied community, we want to find a way to represent that for everyone. The only thing you need to do is add your age bracket in parentheses to your name. For example, mine would be Colette Wheeler (35-39). Rose’s would be Rose Wall (55-59). Age brackets gives us a way to see where we fall amongst those in our age group. It is a positive way to measure progress and ability.
- To add this change to your name, follow these steps —
- Go to the top left hamburger menu in the left corner
- Select ’tools and more’
- Select ‘your info’
- Add you age bracket to your last name
- Age groups are as follows:
As always, work hard, and listen to your coaches 😉
Let me know if you have any questions for the week!
Rock on Titans,